I was curious about the percentage of home growers using soil, super soils, soilless or hydroponic methods . . . and why.
I run a soilless, HFF/DTW setup using 100% coco coir and GH Flora Trio + extras. I use this method due to the simplicity and stability of the system as well as growth rates very near, or equal to most hydroponic systems.
High Frequency Fertigation systems (HFF) involves multiple feedings to runoff everyday. Runoff is plumbed to a drain . . . the DTW or Drain to Waste part. This provides plants with a fresh nutrient solution with proper pH and stage specific NER several times each day.
The reservoirs, pumps, drains, etc. take more time and $$ to get set up but more than make up for it in ease of operation. I fill the reservoir(s) every 3-4 days . . . takes maybe 10-15 minutes each mixing. Do any needed training/trimming and wait for harvest time. That’s all the time I have to spend in the grow room . . . of course I still visit the girls most days.








