Plants and livestock . . . kinda two different subjects, but according to the USDA:
“The use of genetic engineering, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs), is prohibited in organic products. This means an organic farmer can’t plant GMO seeds, an organic cow can’t eat GMO alfalfa or corn, and an organic soup producer can’t use any GMO ingredients. To meet the USDA organic regulations, farmers and processors must show they aren’t using GMOs and that they are protecting their products from contact with prohibited substances, such as GMOs, from farm to table”
A local dude uses the Build a Soil organics (he’s the fella who has my neighbor wanting organic seeds) and grows nice plants. Nothing wrong with organic growing, it’s just not a superior method as so many claim. As for taste, we’ve grown enough clones from the same mother that I think it’s safe to say it is the dry and cure more than the nutes. But of course he says his tastes better, same as you . . . but about 20 other folks who’ve smoked both side by side can’t tell who’s weed is who’s. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don’t. He’s organic, I’m HFF/DTW in coco running the full General Hydroponics line. I think organics to the small scale home grower is just marketing hype . . . he thinks I’m destroying the environment with chem salts.
I think of it like this: Plants uptake nutrients in a certain form only . . . at that level the nutrients are identical in form regardless of source . . . organic or chemical. So if, at the lowest levels, we are giving our plants exactly the same thing why would one identical cation be superior to the other?
Everyone should grow the way they want to . . . I don’t mean to down organics, I just hear so many claims that it’s better when it isn’t. Personally, I think you or anyone else would be hard pressed to find a difference in end product from a well grown organic plant and an equally well grown salts plant if you start with equal genetics and the dry cure processes are the same.