Co2 allows you to run hotter temps I believe
How old is your guys plant ? send a pic or comment
14650 respostas · 75748 visualizações
Even in flower? My tent doesn’t get too hot, maybe low 80’s so if so I just need to keep under 60 rh right?
That would really allow me to keep my exhaust fan running at a minimum
While it does help a lot with higher temps you also have to balance it with stronger feeds and light than normal or the plants can’t make the most of it. Also even though the plants aren’t as bothered by the temps you will still lose terps if its getting too hot
I believe that you want the humidity below 60 for flower but don’t quote me on it. I’m assuming just as mold prevention you’d have to
@Mjcalifornia basically what everybody said is how i feel about the co2 as well. It allows hotter temps but risk of trichome loss in flower but last grow flower temps were about 77-80f and i probably did lose some profile but nothing i could notice being a home grower and it also allows you to run your light a little closer/stronger and feed a little harder. For me i still focus vpd more than anything except flowering stage i still try to get lower temps but after ya play around a little bit im sure youll find something that is working for ya
Thanks yall. I’m pretty happy so far and will just keep messing with it until I figure it out. Love the conversations tho because people bring up shit I never even thought of
I think I have my system worked out. It has been smooth sailing. I have run into some bunk old seeds.
It is way easier than top feeding and the plants that I am harvesting are bringing way bigger harvests.
I wish I would have known about overgrow, that forum has a lot of information about Octopots. Some people on there have been using Octopots for a decade. There are also people on YouTube that share info as well.
Most people are using promix and jacks 321. I would have had an easier time if I followed that formula. I had already started with Coco Loco and Fox Farm nutes. I also use urea, potassium carbonate, triple super phosphorus, chelated iron,monosilicic acid and SLF 100 to keep the reservoir under control.
Good to hear. I’m between those and the dwc setup but think I’d be more comfortable with those octopots. I’m putting it off for now but it’s definitely on my upgrade list!
Check out earth boxes. It’s like hydro mixed with the ease of soil
I’ll take a look, sounds like the octopot? What set up do you use blunt?
Those earth boxes are pretty cool actually, pretty similar concept
I’m in 10 gallon grassroot pots they have a liner that helps retain moisture. When I run 5 gallons I have the ac infinity auto watering bases. I’m looking into tray to grow or auto pots. Earth boxes have been on my radar but I’m not sure about their footprint. I think I could fit 4 in my tent and I prefer to run 5 plants. The tray to grow is big too and each holds 2 plants in each making for 4 plants again. So for now I’m buying blumats and their drip ring. Lol too many to choose from lol.
Way too much to choose from! The earth boxes seem like you could easily do 2 plants in 1, but I’m not sure. I really like that concept tho but if it’s only 1 plant in each, they’re too big for most tents
Jeremy from buildasoil has done 2 per earthbox
I’ll finish watching that episode later to see what he does. You could probably even put a divider in the soil to keep the roots separate
Damn it, I wish I never asked you blunt! I really like those too now. Jeremy from build a soil seemed to be happy with them too
Yeah I think they would be a great addition to any grow
So many different systems. They all work great. I was using earth box setup before i moved to auto-pot xxl. Ill give you my thoughts. Keep in mind i grow with dry amendments.
I personally liked the earth box better. The fresh water reservoir for the roots to have access to is game changing. The plants will build feed roots where the top dress is and drink clean water below. Let the reservoir run out and then you just fill it back up. Its easy!
The con: One down side is during flower the reservoir could only last about 2 days minimum during peak stretch. This isn’t a problem for when you are available. But, life happens. Vacation or weekend trip or whatever. It could dry out. Thats where auto-pot system can be a difference.
Auto-pot pro: is the large reservoir that fills the bottom container that bottom waters the grow container. Its nice because i can leave for a week and the plant wont run out of water. And you can have as many plants you want on that reservoir if you have the base and tube to connect it. The system is proven to work.
Con: its expensive! I have mixed feelings on keeping the bottom consistently being waterlogged. Which is part of the wicking function to bring the moisture up.
(Personal feeling) i just think i prefer the earth box style instead. Only part of it is submerged into the water for the wicking and the rest is open acces for the roots to drop down for air and drink freely. The auto-pot is less hands on and had scalability. Which is why i bought it. It works great. But, if i had to pick a favorite… Earthbox.
Now, i didn’t know about the octopot until after. the more i see how it works the more i like. It gives me that hybrid auto-pot/earthbox vibe. The best of both if it can auto fill. But ive never tried it. So, i dunno…
Thanks for the input! I know jamon loves the octopot so I’ve been eyeing them