Papaya Dragon Auto - SeedSupplier - by KilliczGe

30 respostas · 260 visualizações

KilliczGe

#9

@Pflanzenpaul

Thanks friend.

You can’t really explain it better in writing.

Practice, that’s the keyword. It’ll get there.

Tomorrow at noon, before lights out, there’ll be something again for the moist soil.

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#10

Hammer detailed answer and super informative, thank you very much for that :folded_hands:t3:

The knowledge of some like you here is worth gold.

I really appreciate it and enjoy the conversation all Around Planting

@Pflanzenpaul @KilliczGe

gg Good Grow :oncoming_fist:t3:

PS: what about my Seramis clay stones? :rofl:

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#11

A very honest answer from me?

As soil moisture retention. No
To keep away fungus gnats. No

But for the eye, Beautiful.

I’ll explain the No.

You use these Air Root pots.
Although you’ve made egg-laying more difficult because nothing easily gets into the soil from the top.
But for example, fungus gnats are clever.
They walk into the holes on the sides, into the soil.

The Seramis = expanded clay offers no food for soil life.

I find that these Air Root pots are better for mineral cultivation.
The soil dries faster, which protects somewhat better against overwatering. Air pruning prevents root bound.
Especially with Super Soil, it dries too fast.
But it’s also feasible if you can maintain the moisture peak.
I use expanded clay (Blähton) to mix into the soil for a loose structure and it provides a habitat for bacteria. It just doesn’t serve as food.

I am referring purely to Living Soil treated with solid fertilizers and activated by soil life = fungi and bacteria.

Flo Organic.

There are also, for example, Bio Tabs NL with which you can also make your Super Soil perform.
With these, no pH adjustment is necessary.

Bio Bizz fertilizers are also based on organic matter, and with Microbe, you constantly introduce new microorganisms with watering.
Here, the pH must be adjusted.
For me, this is an imitation but not a real Super Soil.
Then, have a great start to the day

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#12

Hey :oncoming_fist:t3:,

Thanks again for the feedback.

I’m currently still fertilizing organically, but I had planned to switch to mineral in the next Grows.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO fungus gnats anymore since the new good soil. That’s why I left out the stones this time.

Ultimately you are right, visually it looked good, but its utility factor was only small.

Soil currently

So, would the cannabis mulch also make sense here then?

I see I’m alone with these Air Pots :sweat_smile:.

Thank you, I still have a lot to learn :folded_hands:t3:

My Ganja tastes amazing, hits super super deep, I haven’t quite managed the quantity yet, I’m working on that.

Regards SmartPlants

Benji

Responder ↗
Pflanzenpaul

#13

The important thing is quality first, and quantity comes with time and practice.
So, the pictures are from a previous grow?
To increase the yield, I would suggest you fertilize a little less, as I took a closer look at the plants in the picture.

Overall, the plants appear strong and well-developed, but show initial slight “stress symptoms.”
Yellow/burnt leaf tips, slight over-fertilization / nutrient burn.
Especially on the front left plant, as well as the back right, distinctly lightened and yellowish dying leaf tips are visible. This usually indicates a slightly too high nutrient concentration (EC value) or a slight accumulation of salts in the substrate.
And yes, one can also mean too well with organic fertilization.

Reddish/purplish leaf stalks:
Several leaf stalks show a dark, reddish coloration. While this can be genetically determined, it often also occurs due to temperature differences (cool nights), slightly increased light intensity, or reduced phosphorus/magnesium uptake. The latter again points to a bit too much nitrogen = nitrogen toxicity, which can hinder the uptake of phosphorus/magnesium.

Slight Leaf Curling (watering behavior / transpiration):
Some of the leaves hang slightly heavily downwards or curl slightly at the edges, which often indicates a slightly too moist substrate or slightly high humidity/low air circulation in the lower tent area.

These are a few minor things to pay attention to and counteract in the further course of the grow.
Too much stress for too long will reduce the quantity.
But getting the plants finished is already a huge success.
Not everyone manages it. :rofl:
The rest is learning and will eventually become routine.
The soil would make sense, with mulch if you use its organic components, to use it purely organically.
Fertilizing mineraly would destroy the organic components of the soil over time, which wouldn’t be tragic because the mineral fertilizer supplies the plant comprehensively anyway. But again, here ----- Less is more.
For small plants, a maximum of 1/3 of the fertilizer manufacturer’s recommendation, and from growth onwards, a maximum of half of the recommendations initially.
After that, you can add a little more according to your feel and the plant’s appearance.
Most manufacturer recommendations are exaggeratedly high and only work if everything else is optimal. That is, climate values and light output.
Light dimmed too high, the lamp too close, also leads to stress.
No - you’re not alone with the Air Root Pods. I also have a 20 l and a 1 l Pod here.
But they’re just sitting around. I once used the 20 l Pod for an autoflower, and that run was actually great.
However, I’m now doing more with fabric pots. Regards

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#14

Evening @Pflanzenpaul

Wow, it’s impressive what a trained eye can see and say from a picture. You’ve practically undressed me Grow-wise regarding my past grow :rofl::rofl:.

So. Everything you say is correct. I’m already using a lower fertilizer schedule in the current grow, I’ve already understood that.

The plant in the front right is an ‘Apple Drops’.

That was a test from a seed I took from a flower. There was 1 seed per 10g, and normally I throw them away, but this one looked so incredibly good that I thought, ‘come on, I’ll just try it.’ It worked. Apple Drops, for me, is also a rarer strain about which I found little online. Throughout the entire grow, it was completely different from all 3 other plants and experienced temperature differences of up to 12° in the mid to late flowering phase.

You’re also right about the humidity. Both air humidity and with the substrate. I also have both under better control in the current grow :+1:t3:

@KilliczGe sorry Bro that we’ve now flooded your thread :rofl:, but it’s cool what a knowledge exchange arose from posting a Growlog.

@Pflanzenpaul many thanks, that was very cool and instructive and I’m motivated for better growing.

Regards, have a nice evening everyone.

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#16


She seems to be slowly starting to stretch.
So far, I’ve left everything as it was. But I somehow constantly want to cut something off.
But no, I’ll let them grow as they please.

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#17

Looks great :ok_hand:t3:

I understand you, you immediately want to start training :rofl:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#18

Not training now, rather the biggest fan leaves, but they are growing so beautifully, I’ll just let them become a Christmas tree :evergreen_tree: :smiling_face:

Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#19

Sorry, for me, cutting/tying techniques are directly training :grin:

Well then, Canna Christmas? :rofl::oncoming_fist:t3:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#20

Hopefully she’ll already be done by Christmas :joy::joy: but thanks thanks

Here is the current status.

Stretch has started and she absorbed the bottom watering well.

Pulled the light back up.
75% dimmer.


Responder ↗
SmartPlants

#22

Woah, magnificent lady :ok_hand:t3:

Photos are beautiful. Those are very pronounced potency hairs, right? A sign that she is at full strength and vigor?!

Good Grow

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#23

I think the stretch will be over soon :rofl:





Photos from yesterday evening.

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#24




Going really smoothly.
She handled the heat spikes well.

I’m happy. Now she’s bulking up and the trichomes are already glittering :sun:

Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#26

Today was also the first time giving new food for the soil, including magnesium sulfate in the fertilizer. (Good when you actually read the label for once.)

Terra Aquatica - Pro organic Bloom : 2.2ml/l
Effective Microorganisms :microbe: active : 4ml/l

2l in total from the top into the pot, so that everything is nicely distributed throughout the soil. The rest went into the saucer so the roots are directly supplied.





Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#27

Poured about 3.3 L of water into the saucer.


Day 57 in total since first contact with water, according to my math day 29 in flowering, so somewhere around halfway.

Small interim summary:

I am thoroughly satisfied with her.
The growth, at just under 110cm without wires, is substantial and something to consider if you only have smaller setups.

She certainly wouldn’t mind a SCROG net or earlier low stress training.

Now just keep the soil moist, maybe fertilize once or twice more—organic takes longer to become available, after all. Then it’s already over.

The colors are getting prettier and prettier and the buds are gaining a bit of size daily, as it should be.



Responder ↗
KilliczGe

#28

Simply beautiful.
She’s getting chunkier every day, and yesterday I pulled out the microscope to check where things stand after 30 days. We’ll see if there are still 30 left as specified.














All in all, very nice. The bulk is increasing more and more. The colors are getting more and more gorgeous.









So it will soon come to an end there, where something new can begin. :disguised_face:

Responder ↗

Responder