Some time has passed again and Iāve got new pictures of Zami
with me. But in this episode, Iāll just explain how I root classic cuttings in soil⦠![]()
⦠For this, Iāve taken simple cuttings from the growth phase of my āStrawberry Coughā
![]()
![]()
I made the selection of cuttings easy for myself in this case. Since I top 90% of all plants anyway. ![]()
I had voilĆ ā¦

I took the upper shoots. (Of course, I also processed the rest into cuttings
)
Then the lower leaves were completely removed⦠![]()

Nicely sharpened diagonally / at an angle. The larger the angle, the better. For me, itās always well over 45°⦠![]()

Then quickly make 2 to 3 longitudinal slits⦠![]()

I hope itās recognizable. ![]()
The whole thing now goes into āHerb and Seedling Soilāā¦

Make a hole that goes down to the bottom of the cupā¦![]()

The pictures are unfortunately in the wrong order now. But never mind. The only important thing is. That you only very lightly compact the soil on the surface.
And the rest underneath remains as loose as possible. Spray a little water so that only the top layer of soil gets moist. (This will seep through the soil over time)
Now put the lightly perforated cup on top and secure/fasten the whole thing with adhesive tape, masking tape, or similar⦠![]()


The whole thing then goes onto the windowsill (preferably south-facing) and will not be touched further until root formation is visible. (Except to check if roots are already there. Thatās why itās secured.)
This is how Iāve been doing it since I started growing cuttings.
It has always worked for me this way. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower. But always with success!
I hope it works as well for you when you try it. ![]()
In this spirit, your Dr. Weedenstein
Grow on everyone ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()



































