Feminisierte Samen selber produzieren

86 antworten · 862 aufrufe

Dbe

#30

Aahhh… (RQS!?) :wink::+1:

I had read the article years ago and always thought about it. Whether it works and is really that “simple”. Your proof now triggers me 3 times more.
I’ve already saved an online shopping list. As soon as I’m liquid enough, I’ll try that too! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#31

I read it in Ed Rosenthal’s book (Marijuana Grower’s Handbook) and then did some more research. I got it for my birthday last year, and afterwards, I immediately started thinking about the next seeds/strains, with the idea of trying it out and creating something of my own. When I read that, it was clear to me, “I have to try that,” and what can I say, the beginning really made me doubt. I tried back and forth until finally, there were signs of male flowers, but then it went as planned. Unfortunately, there are a few seeds that weren’t ripe, but most of them finished. However, I also had initial difficulties until halfway through the flowering period. Next time I’ll be smarter and start treating during the vegetative phase and not just when I force them into flowering. It works with photos as with autos, although with autos, you should probably start treating even earlier.

Antworten ↗
Dbe

#32

Hi @herr_gruen :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:,

Just quickly asking,
What did you have to try to get it to work? :thinking:

And, an exact number is irrelevant now, but roughly, how many good ones did you get out of it?
(you can also PM me if you like. :wink::smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:)

I looked on YouTube for this… :eyes:
You can’t find anything complete on it. Or did I miss something? :ok_hand::cloud::cloud:

Grow on :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand::love_you_gesture::+1::ok_hand::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#33

20250810_150215 After three days on the windowsill in the sun, I could now crush the blossoms between my fingers. Afterwards, I sieved out the fine, unusable material and then picked out the seeds. It looks like I should have waited two more weeks until harvest. There were finished seeds in there, but also many that were not yet fully ripe. A few looked almost ready, so I playfully put them on a damp paper towel, just to know for sure. I stored the ripe ones in a small brown glass vial until they are used. All in all, despite all the initial difficulties, I now have almost 100 good seeds for further cultivation, and that for free. If the ones in the paper towel germinate, the ones I’m not sure if they’re really ripe, I’ll know that next time I don’t have to be quite so picky when sorting. They were as brown as the others, but the dark spots were sometimes missing or only faintly visible. I will report back whether these also germinate.

Antworten ↗
KilliczGe

#34

The gold panning pan fits the theme very well :slight_smile:
I’m curious if it will pay off :victory_hand:t3:

Antworten ↗
snAke

#35

Ripeness is easy to determine by gently pressing it between your thumb and forefinger. If they are unripe, the bean bursts; if they are ripe, it does not burst. Important: only press very gently, with care.

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#36

Last night, I placed 5 of the seeds that I thought weren’t quite ripe between some paper towels and put the whole thing in a small clay pot with a lid. Then I added some lukewarm water. This morning, my wife took a look and…

20250811_133314 Germination rate after just over 12 hours at 100%

On two of them, you can see the very delicate tip of the taproot. All in all, a complete success.

Antworten ↗
Dbe

#37

Good evening @herr_gruen :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand:,

I need to ask something again at this late hour :sleeping_face:. :thinking:

Do you actually always only have to treat a part of the plants? Or would it be possible to only extract pollen from a plant?

My thought on this is:

Mind you :index_pointing_up:,
I know you did this for the first time too. This is more of a “What’s your opinion” question.

You only extract pollen. Which you store nicely dark and dry… How long does it last? :thinking:
First, let’s continue… So you save it, if possible, and then only pollinate ladies that have good genetics. In the flowering phase… Nicely in the lower area. On mini buds that you hardly smoke anyway, and then finally harvest both. Weed and seeds… Is this total humbug or would it be theoretically and practically feasible? :thinking::thinking:

In this sense

Grow on :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::victory_hand::love_you_gesture::+1::ok_hand::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#38

I had extensively researched the topic beforehand to gain some knowledge. And yes, of course, pollen can also be stored. However, after collecting it, one should first dry it. In the refrigerator, it should be storable for a month, and if well-packaged, it can be frozen for up to a year. It is also possible to induce a complete female plant to mutate; for this, it is completely sprayed over several days. The principle remains the same.

The thing with the popcorn buds in the tent is also feasible; I just did that too. I shook the pollen into a small dish and then went over a few of the lower popcorn buds in the tent with a fine paintbrush. The pollen was from the Gorilla Sherbet. With it, I then pollinated the Bubble Gum Sherb once and the Fat Bastard once. Both times successfully. From the Bubble Gum Sherb, I harvested almost 40 seeds, and from the Fat Bastard, only one so far, as it is still hanging on the drying rack. I think I can trim it this weekend and harvest the remaining seeds then.

So, with that one mutated Gorilla Sherbet, I have now produced three types of seeds. Once by self-pollination (to preserve the strain), once by pollinating the Fat Bastard (new strain), and once by pollinating the Bubble Gum Sherb (also a new strain). Next, using this method, I will propagate the Fat Bastard and pollinate the Bubble Gum Sherb with it, which will again result in a new strain. And finally, I will start a run with the Bubble Gum Sherb to keep this strain in my collection. Then I will have 6 strains, three of which are only available in my private collection.

Your approach of selecting the best and strongest plants for this is also spot on. Breeders normally plant around 50 plants for propagation and then select them based on growth, color, smell… to ultimately have the greatest possible genetic potential in the lineage. Normally, this process is repeated multiple times to get a strain as stable as possible. Unfortunately, I couldn’t afford this luxury with my resources; for that, I would need a laboratory. I also only have a 60x60x160 cm tent. But plenty of ambition.

Antworten ↗
Growstarter40

#39

Arrived yesterday and the cuttings are ready for flowering… I’m really keen to grow my own strains… Ketama and Skunk 1 will probably be the first! 17557955987191004697977542694628

Antworten ↗
Lena_Bpunkt

#40

Hey :waving_hand: @herr_gruen

First of all, thank you very much for the detailed description, I really wanted to test that too. I also have Ed Rosenthal’s book here, great book.

I have a question. It’s clear that you keep the ‘treated’ plants separate from the other plants. But what about several ‘treated’ plants of different strains? So let’s say you want to test this with several strains at the same time. Would these then also have to stand individually so that the strains don’t mix, or can you have them all in one tent? :thinking:

Kind regards

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#41

You shouldn’t have them together, otherwise you would pollinate your plants with all the pollen from all the plants. That would ultimately be an undefinable mix of all varieties. Even if you have them in different tents at the same time, you have to be very careful not to cross-pollinate them unintentionally. Appropriate protective clothing and disinfecting after each tent would be advisable, which would unnecessarily drive up costs. It’s best to propagate one plant at a time and then properly clean the tent. The pollen is very persistent, and a few grains would be enough to contaminate the genetics in the next run.

Antworten ↗
Lena_Bpunkt

#42

Thanks for your reply. A lab would be cool now :see_no_evil_monkey::joy:

That also sounds like a lot of effort that would be worth it if the result is right. Cleaning lamps and especially all ventilation equipment is also relatively a lot of effort. :scream:

However, in Ed’s book, the topic is treated quite “roughly” and I think I’ve read here that you also prefer knowledge from books rather than the internet. Could you possibly tell me what other books you have that describe the topic a bit more intensively, especially with feminized seeds?

Regards and have a nice weekend

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#43

I only have 2 books, both by Rosenthal, one is Marihuana Growers Handbook and the other is Cannabis Anbau mit LED (Cannabis Cultivation with LED) for the right choice of lamp.

I had informed myself for half a year in advance on the internet and on various breeder websites as well as on YouTube after I had read it in the book, and I wasn’t much wiser afterwards. The best explanation was in the 2 videos I posted here. Long story short, my thought was “what he can do, I can do just as well”. So I got the stuff and just tried it out, on the windowsill and put it in a cardboard box for the dark phase. I don’t need to clean it; it’s simply disposed of and a new one is taken. It then took three weeks and a few attempts, not including the production of the silver water, and then you could also see the desired change.

Next time, I’ll leave the silver diodes in distilled water for 24 hours and start treating during the growth phase before switching to flowering. Then the desired effect should come faster.

Antworten ↗
Lena_Bpunkt

#44

Yeah, there’s a lot of nonsense on the internet :see_no_evil_monkey::joy:

But the book makes me want more, and I’ll start a test with Gibberellic acid, let’s see how that works. I’ve also thought of a cardboard box now, that’s a pretty good idea :+1: Cuttings are currently rooting, and then I’m excited to see.

Antworten ↗
Lena_Bpunkt

#45

But you didn’t test the variant with silver nitrate as powder & sodium thiosulfate, did you? Personally, the method with the rods would be too much effort for me.

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#46

No, I didn’t.

20250602_144448 was put together in 5 minutes, then waited 24 [hours] and poured into a spray bottle. You can also buy the stuff, however, the parts you need for production are cheaper, and the rods can still be used by your great-grandchildren.

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#47

20250917_141724This is one of the home-grown seeds. You can already see the pre-flower at the node below the tip.

Antworten ↗
herr_gruen

#49

Here’s a picture of the little one, today day 3 seedling :seedling:

Currently 3.5 cm tall, the soil was moistened with a spray bottle, 30 ml, so it looks like more water than it is. The temperature in the lab is almost tropical at 34 °C. It’s a bit high, but it’s not exactly cooler outdoors in summer. This might also be because the lab is in a cupboard, but then the temperature doesn’t drop as much at night. Soon some colloidal silver will be applied again :alembic: to make the lady grow some hairs (change genetics :dna: )

Antworten ↗

Antworten