Way too much to choose from! The earth boxes seem like you could easily do 2 plants in 1, but Iâm not sure. I really like that concept tho but if itâs only 1 plant in each, theyâre too big for most tents
How old is your guys plant ? send a pic or comment
14651 antworten · 75755 aufrufe
Jeremy from buildasoil has done 2 per earthbox
Iâll finish watching that episode later to see what he does. You could probably even put a divider in the soil to keep the roots separate
Damn it, I wish I never asked you blunt! I really like those too now. Jeremy from build a soil seemed to be happy with them too
Yeah I think they would be a great addition to any grow
So many different systems. They all work great. I was using earth box setup before i moved to auto-pot xxl. Ill give you my thoughts. Keep in mind i grow with dry amendments.
I personally liked the earth box better. The fresh water reservoir for the roots to have access to is game changing. The plants will build feed roots where the top dress is and drink clean water below. Let the reservoir run out and then you just fill it back up. Its easy!
The con: One down side is during flower the reservoir could only last about 2 days minimum during peak stretch. This isnât a problem for when you are available. But, life happens. Vacation or weekend trip or whatever. It could dry out. Thats where auto-pot system can be a difference.
Auto-pot pro: is the large reservoir that fills the bottom container that bottom waters the grow container. Its nice because i can leave for a week and the plant wont run out of water. And you can have as many plants you want on that reservoir if you have the base and tube to connect it. The system is proven to work.
Con: its expensive! I have mixed feelings on keeping the bottom consistently being waterlogged. Which is part of the wicking function to bring the moisture up.
(Personal feeling) i just think i prefer the earth box style instead. Only part of it is submerged into the water for the wicking and the rest is open acces for the roots to drop down for air and drink freely. The auto-pot is less hands on and had scalability. Which is why i bought it. It works great. But, if i had to pick a favorite⊠Earthbox.
Now, i didnât know about the octopot until after. the more i see how it works the more i like. It gives me that hybrid auto-pot/earthbox vibe. The best of both if it can auto fill. But ive never tried it. So, i dunnoâŠ
Thanks for the input! I know jamon loves the octopot so Iâve been eyeing them
Before and after defoliating .
Strawberry Cough
Look at this crazy ass lady. After stretching I will cut her back gradually.
Auto Critical Orange Punch
Question on the earth box and octopot: I have a ton of synthetic nutes i need to go through so that they donât go to waste, before I switch to organic. Do these systems take synthetic? Iâm pretty sure the octopot will no problem but couldnât find much about it on the earth box
I really love that cover that goes over the earth box that promotes the roots to go up and feed on the top feeding you do but Iâm sure you could do something similar with the octopot?
I would think you could put them directly in the res. Youâd just have to flush from the top every now and again. Also not sure the soil would be good for more than a run maybe 2.
I was just looking at earthbox online. They have added a auto watering system for it. I think any system will work great. First thing Iâd look at is how do you want to grow organic or synthetic. Plant count or size of plant could also be something to think about. Then decide on the system thatâll work best for that. Because all these system work better for slightly different growing styles.
Think Iâm leaning towards octopots as you can remove the plants and clean the reservoir if needed. Also, Jamons plants are absolute monsters in his octopots lol
Thatâs like the ac infinity auto watering base
Yeah, I think theyâre same concept. Does the ac one allow to roots to grow into the reservoir?
No but mine end up growing into the wicks
For sure. Iâve been holding off until one of the systems clicks in my brain. I have a ton going on so trying to keep it simple
Autopots as a concept are brilliant but after a few runs with mine I have found the kits very limiting as far as pot size and stuff goes. The smart valves on the other hand are game changing with the options they open up, my next upgrade is going to be one 4Ă4 tray with one smart valve to run 5 big fabric pots off the one valve and res.
About your question on synthetic nutes and organic nutes in the octopot. I recommend using mainly synthetic nutes in the reservoir, with the exception of highly filtered products like fox farms, big bloom.
When you go organic, the soil is loaded and you feed straight water.
One advantage of Octopots is the area between the water and the soil were the roots get tons of oxygen without drying out in the reservoir.
Whichever system you choose, the community with help you with the learning curve.




