How old is your guys plant ? send a pic or comment
14652 antworten · 75756 aufrufe
Question on the earth box and octopot: I have a ton of synthetic nutes i need to go through so that they donât go to waste, before I switch to organic. Do these systems take synthetic? Iâm pretty sure the octopot will no problem but couldnât find much about it on the earth box
I really love that cover that goes over the earth box that promotes the roots to go up and feed on the top feeding you do but Iâm sure you could do something similar with the octopot?
I would think you could put them directly in the res. Youâd just have to flush from the top every now and again. Also not sure the soil would be good for more than a run maybe 2.
I was just looking at earthbox online. They have added a auto watering system for it. I think any system will work great. First thing Iâd look at is how do you want to grow organic or synthetic. Plant count or size of plant could also be something to think about. Then decide on the system thatâll work best for that. Because all these system work better for slightly different growing styles.
Think Iâm leaning towards octopots as you can remove the plants and clean the reservoir if needed. Also, Jamons plants are absolute monsters in his octopots lol
Thatâs like the ac infinity auto watering base
Yeah, I think theyâre same concept. Does the ac one allow to roots to grow into the reservoir?
No but mine end up growing into the wicks
For sure. Iâve been holding off until one of the systems clicks in my brain. I have a ton going on so trying to keep it simple
Autopots as a concept are brilliant but after a few runs with mine I have found the kits very limiting as far as pot size and stuff goes. The smart valves on the other hand are game changing with the options they open up, my next upgrade is going to be one 4Ă4 tray with one smart valve to run 5 big fabric pots off the one valve and res.
About your question on synthetic nutes and organic nutes in the octopot. I recommend using mainly synthetic nutes in the reservoir, with the exception of highly filtered products like fox farms, big bloom.
When you go organic, the soil is loaded and you feed straight water.
One advantage of Octopots is the area between the water and the soil were the roots get tons of oxygen without drying out in the reservoir.
Whichever system you choose, the community with help you with the learning curve.
Which pots would you recommend for the octopot? I see like 3 different options. Also, did you order from Amazon or directly through their site? Amazon doesnât say what types of pots they are but is cheaper and the site has the options but shipping is $50 which is wild
That soil is beautiful! Is that from buildasoil?
Fox farms happy frog 2 years old lmao
What kind of amendments you using?
Craft blend from buildasoil, Montana grow silica, worm castings and buildaflower. I water with buildaveg for veg and buildabloom for flower
I just checked shipping to CA and itâs ridiculous. I am using a different bag all together (rain science) but I suggest the rocket sleeve. I am going to talk to Chris and see why the shipping is so high.





