Wouldn’t a few lavender branches, maybe rosemary, also be an option? They smell great too ![]()
Or cloves?
115 respuestas · 475 visitas
Wouldn’t a few lavender branches, maybe rosemary, also be an option? They smell great too ![]()
Or cloves?
I’m not sure about that, some plants communicate via scents, others via roots. I was in the forest earlier, wanted to collect blueberries, but there aren’t really any right now. Probably due to the dry weather at the beginning of the year. Instead, I found this
fresh mint. So, into a glass with water and nicely placed next to the Green Gelato. This strain is supposed to have something with mint terpenes crossed into it. While doing that, I immediately zoomed in on a bud with my phone. Later I’ll unpack the microscopeI want to wait to know how your plants react to mint, I also read the same thing, they react to smells, and they even imitate them. What I don’t know is if it should be from seed so that the plant already adapts to the environment, or during flowering. We’ll have to keep trying. I imagine that in flower, insects work better since it’s the only “fast” action the plant has to react quickly. I would really like to know how that turns out.
I picked these seeds up on Amazon for companion plants and also for mulching and teas. I also have two types of mint in my yard. One is much stronger than the other. I also have an organic mint oil which I use to add to water and spray if I see any signs of rodents. I can spray some on my tent floor, but the strain I’m growing is the Banana Brawler on day 10 of flower and I never grew it before, so how would I be able to tell if the scent has any effect.
I also have these essential oils that are supposed to be all natural I can put some on a cotton ball and place it in the pot.
I currently have the Dutch Clover in the pots as a companion plant since early veg and I was thinking about adding some oyster mushrooms to the pots since the canopy is so dense. I picked up one of those Back To The Roots mushroom kits.
I put the Frankincense on a Q-tip in one and the Myrrh in the other all I need to do is add a gold chain and I can call it the gift of the 3 kings.
That’s absolutely awesome. But with gold prices, that’s going to be some very luxurious weed you’re cultivating there.
I am also very curious to see how they react to that. If the mint gets roots, I will then plant it in the garden for the next grows. I need to check on the plants now, before I had only put the glass of mint in the tent. This morning I was picking cherries and have now made jam. My new phone just arrived, and I’ve quickly set it up. It has a much better camera, I’m excited about the pictures.
The camera is great
this is from the Green Gelato where I added the mint. Today is bloom day 36, I’m curious if it reacts to the mint.Is that from RQS?
I’m curious too.
If you mean the Green Gelato then yes, it is from Royal Queen Seeds.
What a great post we’re creating experimenting together, thanks for joining guys and sharing.
I found something here that describes how terpenes and flavonoids interact and how we then perceive it.
I’m wondering when you say you wanted to unlock recessive genes in your plants. I would think that it would take several generations to do that and I’m assuming that you are planning on using Landrace strains. I’m really into that I don’t have the knowledge and experience that you have, but I’m interested in starting a grow diary on it. When I get home I’ll post a couple of pictures and would like some advice if you’re willing to give it. I live in Southern California and we never get a frost so I usually grow outdoors all year long.
yes, that’s what I’m looking for, and no! it doesn’t need generations, generations would be necessary to evolve new ones, because it must develop them evolutionarily and adapt.
what I’m looking for is for the plant to awaken genes that its ancestors used when the conditions where this species lived were completely different.
those changes made over thousands of years, remain in the plants’ DNA, they don’t go away, they simply remain inactive for centuries or forever, because the threat that activated that gene no longer exists, and there are new ones to which current varieties have adapted.
recessive genes remain in the plants’ DNA, the “chesse” variety is not actually a “chesse”, it is a mutated SKUNK1#, from which a clone was taken, reversed, and “chesse” seeds originating from that mutation were produced.
look:
Adaptive Dormant Genes: They have entire sections of their genome blocked by epigenetic marks (DNA methylation) [
]. These are genes that encode for resistance to extreme droughts, unbearable UV radiation, specific pest attacks, or exotic terpene profiles. They only “awaken” when the plant’s chemical receptors detect that the environment has become hostile or wild.
Oh and yes, you can use a landrace, but it’s not necessary; it’s enough to know the genetics of what you cultivate and where it comes from, although yes, a landrace holds more pure DNA. Likewise, I don’t only experiment with landraces but with modern hybrids.
To get a better understanding of this, you need to know that plants communicate with each other. Some do this through their roots, others through scents / gases they release. These are so-called olfactory signals that they emit. Suppose a plant is being eaten by pests; for its own protection, it produces defense compounds, so-called terpenes. These protect the plant from its enemies and warn all other plants in the vicinity about these enemies. When the other plants receive these signals, they also start to ramp up their terpene production to protect themselves from these insects. From this perspective, we are now trying to convey danger to the plants, even though it doesn’t exist, in order to cultivate more flavorful cannabis. There are various triggers that boost terpene production, and each plant has specific terpenes that are induced in different ways.
Yeah, I heard something about that months ago. They talk about it while smoking weed and interviewing celebrities who also smoke. They always mentioned it, although what they emphasized most is that it depended on each person, because actual pine doesn
The most perfect and scientific explanation possible, it is exactly that, perfect!
Yes, with the latest corrections and stabilized inventory, you now have the complete matrix of all critical VSCs (Volatile Sulfur Compounds) on the planet for cannabis. [
] With the reactor cold, these compounds are being safely synthesized and fixed in the pores of biochar and activated carbon, ready to feed the Landraces next month. [
]
Here is the exact breakdown of the 5 main VSCs (Gas/Skunk profile) and the secondary ones already living inside your bag:
The 5 Main Active VSCs (The Extreme Gas Block)
Secondary and Tertiary VSCs (Unlocked by Cooking)
Thanks to last night’s additions and corrected accidents, you have unlocked the secondary profiles that complete the totality of existing VSCs:
in theory, I already have all the VSCs that exist.