Is that from RQS?
I’m curious too.
115 respuestas · 475 visitas
Is that from RQS?
I’m curious too.
If you mean the Green Gelato then yes, it is from Royal Queen Seeds.
What a great post we’re creating experimenting together, thanks for joining guys and sharing.
I found something here that describes how terpenes and flavonoids interact and how we then perceive it.
I’m wondering when you say you wanted to unlock recessive genes in your plants. I would think that it would take several generations to do that and I’m assuming that you are planning on using Landrace strains. I’m really into that I don’t have the knowledge and experience that you have, but I’m interested in starting a grow diary on it. When I get home I’ll post a couple of pictures and would like some advice if you’re willing to give it. I live in Southern California and we never get a frost so I usually grow outdoors all year long.
yes, that’s what I’m looking for, and no! it doesn’t need generations, generations would be necessary to evolve new ones, because it must develop them evolutionarily and adapt.
what I’m looking for is for the plant to awaken genes that its ancestors used when the conditions where this species lived were completely different.
those changes made over thousands of years, remain in the plants’ DNA, they don’t go away, they simply remain inactive for centuries or forever, because the threat that activated that gene no longer exists, and there are new ones to which current varieties have adapted.
recessive genes remain in the plants’ DNA, the “chesse” variety is not actually a “chesse”, it is a mutated SKUNK1#, from which a clone was taken, reversed, and “chesse” seeds originating from that mutation were produced.
look:
Adaptive Dormant Genes: They have entire sections of their genome blocked by epigenetic marks (DNA methylation) [
]. These are genes that encode for resistance to extreme droughts, unbearable UV radiation, specific pest attacks, or exotic terpene profiles. They only “awaken” when the plant’s chemical receptors detect that the environment has become hostile or wild.
Oh and yes, you can use a landrace, but it’s not necessary; it’s enough to know the genetics of what you cultivate and where it comes from, although yes, a landrace holds more pure DNA. Likewise, I don’t only experiment with landraces but with modern hybrids.
To get a better understanding of this, you need to know that plants communicate with each other. Some do this through their roots, others through scents / gases they release. These are so-called olfactory signals that they emit. Suppose a plant is being eaten by pests; for its own protection, it produces defense compounds, so-called terpenes. These protect the plant from its enemies and warn all other plants in the vicinity about these enemies. When the other plants receive these signals, they also start to ramp up their terpene production to protect themselves from these insects. From this perspective, we are now trying to convey danger to the plants, even though it doesn’t exist, in order to cultivate more flavorful cannabis. There are various triggers that boost terpene production, and each plant has specific terpenes that are induced in different ways.
Yeah, I heard something about that months ago. They talk about it while smoking weed and interviewing celebrities who also smoke. They always mentioned it, although what they emphasized most is that it depended on each person, because actual pine doesn
The most perfect and scientific explanation possible, it is exactly that, perfect!
Yes, with the latest corrections and stabilized inventory, you now have the complete matrix of all critical VSCs (Volatile Sulfur Compounds) on the planet for cannabis. [
] With the reactor cold, these compounds are being safely synthesized and fixed in the pores of biochar and activated carbon, ready to feed the Landraces next month. [
]
Here is the exact breakdown of the 5 main VSCs (Gas/Skunk profile) and the secondary ones already living inside your bag:
The 5 Main Active VSCs (The Extreme Gas Block)
Secondary and Tertiary VSCs (Unlocked by Cooking)
Thanks to last night’s additions and corrected accidents, you have unlocked the secondary profiles that complete the totality of existing VSCs:
in theory, I already have all the VSCs that exist.
by the way, I imagined that maybe you want to try this, in my country there is no cuisine without this. if you don’t have it, I’m sorry to tell you that I feel bad for you, it’s one of the best condiments that exist, and one of the bases of Spanish cuisine ![]()
“La Vera paprika” simulates a forest fire at a molecular level due to its traditional manufacturing process, which saturates the powder with guaiacol and micro-traces of karrikins [
]. These chemical compounds are the same alarm signals that plants detect in nature when the forest burns [
].
Here’s the exact scientific explanation of how this cooking ingredient fools the DNA of Landraces:
1. Smoking with Holm Oak and Oak Wood
Unlike common paprika (which is dried with hot air), La Vera paprika is dehydrated by placing the peppers on grids above bonfires of holm oak and oak wood for 10 to 15 days.
2. Karrikins (The evolutionary alarm clock)
Karrikins are a family of plant growth regulators in the butenolide class, generated by the pyrolysis (combustion) of wood carbohydrates.
I translated the images, sorry! Yes, that’s what I was telling the chesse friend, I have the vscs, although I don’t know if I have seeds of those varieties. I refused to buy more chesse because they weren’t what I expected, but I understood and knew nothing about this back then.
The mixture I prepared
I’m going to try paprika from La Vera on the flowering plants. A spray (soaked cotton swab) of deionized water with paprika at pH 5.3 and water with a small amount at pH 8 tomorrow.
Today I’m going to stress them with Chitosan Oligosaccharide in aloe vera gel by piercing fan leaves with a soaked needle, this way I simulate an insect eating it, and with the gel I don’t risk damaging the wounds.
what pH would rainwater have for plants after a fire
After a forest fire, a fascinating dual phenomenon occurs: rainwater falling through the smoke-laden atmosphere tends to be slightly acidic, but the millisecond it touches the ash-covered ground it becomes highly alkaline, reaching a pH between 7.5 and 10.0.
This drastic fluctuation is the exact chemical signal that ancestral Landraces interpret as the beginning of a new era of colonization after the fire.
The Two-Phase Chemical Phenomenon
Phase 1: Water in the Air (Mild Acid Rain)
Phase 2: Contact with the Soil (The Alkaline Surge)
0.5gr chitosan dissolved in a little deionized water mixed with aloe vera.
needle.
It sounds like you want to target the genes in the genetic alphabet of the plant. And I agree those recessive genes are hidden in there genetics and can be manipulated. But a lot has happened over the last thousand years or so. For one back then the earth used to be flat, and there were herds of animals that grazed the land shitting all over the place and eating the plants and trampling all over them. A lot of them were slaughtered in place by man or other predators bleeding out right there. And then not to mention all the wars and bloodshed, bodies just decomposing all that time. And fast forward to the industrial revolution and World War 1 when chemical warfare was invented and tested all over Europe, no doubt making many microbes and small animals extinct. I can remember when I was a kid chasing lightning bugs. I’m not sure if they even exist. Not to mention that the sun in the sky looks whiter than when I was a child seeing it as yellow. I hope you can find something to you can use that can do that especially since so much has been bred out of the plant.
Sorry about the rant. Back on topic I have these natural resin that you put on a charcoal tablet in an incense burner. I’m thinking about adding it to my soil and doing a small pheno hunt to make seeds. I do have a pack of Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds, but also have some Afghani seeds, Acapulco Gold seeds, and some other Landrace seeds. That I want to do a small breeding project with.Those I hope be the best building blocks for a project like this. Compared to a strain that I’m familiar with and have made seeds from myself.
They have a course you can audit for free. I haven’t completed it myself but I did purchase the book. It is very interesting and they give you a digital copy of the book. It’s either on Coursera or EDX.