Sounds good! I believe photos are acceptable as well, we’re just aiming to keep under 85 days. I think blunt is keeping it simple so it makes it easy for everyone to get in!
Solo cup grow off for 2025
278 respuestas · 2453 visitas
If you scroll up there is a layout for the rules. Except the rules say to post updates in the discord and we will be doing them here to keep it simple. And we can run photos if you want you just have to finish in roughly 85 days. If you have any questions or if you want in let me know
I think the rules are variable, I’m not sure. I think the main focus is on the little red party cup and the difficulty associated with it in achieving success with the little shoe.
Cliff
I’m already doing the first test run with a photoperiod plant and it works perfectly. However, this can later be moved into a pot 20 times larger.
I’m thinking we kick this off January 5 2025 how does that sound to everyone?
Sound me good to me!
Add me! I wish to participate ![]()
Wouldnt roots inevitably grow from the holes? ![]()
January the 5th Weed into the Soil???
Only if you bottom water, which I may do. But if they grow out I’ll just cut them off. The main reason is so you don’t do some type of hydro or something else that’s not in the spirit of fair competition.
Seed into soil, water or paper towel, or any medium you choose
When people take there weekly picures. Bottom of cups/ main cup should be provided in photo.That way if something looks suspicious with roots it can be noticed. If someone puts there cup into some kind of dwc setup it wont be close.
Everyone should have a coffee saucer and would leave out the second cup completely.
It will take forever until January 5th ![]()
![]()
![]()
I know part of me wants to start today lol
Spot on I like that idea
Just for shits and giggles, I’ll keep one of the photos i just put in water last night in a 500ml pot and sit it in the autopot tray and see what i can do without trimming the roots back
Definitely down!! REBELGROWS
You are added to the list
Updated rules
For the solo cup grow how do these rules sound
Autoflower and photoperiod plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
● Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
● You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
● Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
● January 5th will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
● Duration of contest will be roughly 80-85 days. (this may change depending on the days to harvest people enter.)
● A prize will be given to biggest harvest in terms of weight. Wet weight of buds only so people have an even playing field.
● Growers must post 1 progress update per week in this topic to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size. And one showing the bottom of the cup to make sure the roots aren’t being used in another medium.
● You can use any growing medium (except hydro) you choose along with any style of nutrition so long as it’s done inside the solo cup.
● You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
● Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
● Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
Please make sure your solo cup is the 16oz size and not bigger
