Spot on I like that idea
Solo cup grow off for 2025
278 respuestas · 2453 visitas
Just for shits and giggles, I’ll keep one of the photos i just put in water last night in a 500ml pot and sit it in the autopot tray and see what i can do without trimming the roots back
Definitely down!! REBELGROWS
You are added to the list
Updated rules
For the solo cup grow how do these rules sound
Autoflower and photoperiod plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
● Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
● You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
● Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
● January 5th will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
● Duration of contest will be roughly 80-85 days. (this may change depending on the days to harvest people enter.)
● A prize will be given to biggest harvest in terms of weight. Wet weight of buds only so people have an even playing field.
● Growers must post 1 progress update per week in this topic to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size. And one showing the bottom of the cup to make sure the roots aren’t being used in another medium.
● You can use any growing medium (except hydro) you choose along with any style of nutrition so long as it’s done inside the solo cup.
● You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
● Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
● Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
Please make sure your solo cup is the 16oz size and not bigger
I think I’m gonna grow some of the Crockett farms autos I won from @Bentgenetics in this contest. I’ll look at the flower time when I have a sec
I’ll be running forum stomper by Mephisto genetics with a projected finishing time of 70 to 80 days.
Ill either be running fruit by the foot auto or apples & bannanas auto by ethos
Appreciate it! Glad to be included. Currently running all of my autos but will run to the vender in town. Probably something from Royal Queen Seeds. I like their Northern Lights Auto.
We aren’t started yet. You’re welcome to pop a seed on the 5th with the rest of us!
Would you all rather the prize be some photo seeds or auto seeds?
Either way works for me!
Doubt I’d win but I prefer photos lol
I dont Care, Just in Case i win, Shipping is the next prob ![]()
Just for the Challenge. Glory and Honor is my price ![]()
Same here cliff! Although if we’re betting, I’ll be closer to last than first place ![]()
Is it OK if I germinate the seeds in a Jiffy and then place it on the soil in the cup? Or does that count as additional root space?
Yeah you can do that
I so wanna attempt this but kinda skeptical due to the fact all of yall are monster growers compared to me…


