I would pick the one that you’re least stoked about. I’d save the better ones for full grows
Solo cup grow off for 2025
278 respuestas · 2452 visitas
Dont be wasting your best seeds for this. Even if the plant turns out great. The yields will be low. Save the seeds you are really interested in for a full run.
Feel free to join even as a learning experience and for fun. Just let me know before the 5th
Ill attempt it
Barney farms
Watermelon zkittlez auto
70-75 harvest
Only upgrade I’d suggest would be better lighting. There are cheap lights that you can use for seedlings after this grow. There are cheap ones on Amazon for $50+.
Gotcha hell i threw it together with stuff from around the house is was a old dresser
Hello Growers! Are you ready for the Solo Cup Grow Off 2025???
I am here to make the rules clear before we start, on Monday, which are this:
● Autoflower plants from seed only. (just let us know strain, breeder, days till harvest)
● Plants must be grown in a 16 FL OZ/ 473ml cup
● You may repot but must not exceed the cup size limit.
● Roots must be kept within the cup. You cannot place the cup on another grow medium allowing roots to use the extra space.
● TBD will be the day you can first soak or plant your seeds.
● Duration of the contest will be roughly 90 days (up to 04/06/2025). This may change depending on the days of harvest people enter.
● Prizes will be given to the biggest harvest in terms of weight. It is a wet weight of buds only, so people have an even playing field.
● Growers must post 1 progress update per week in this thread to stay in competition. This would ideally consist of a few pictures from different angles at least one with a tape measure to show size.
● You can use any growing medium you choose and any nutrition style so long as it’s done inside the solo cup.
● You may use up to 2 cups at once, one containing the grow and one to hold runoff or extra water.
● Solo cups may be modified to allow drainage and air exchange but do not have to be.
● Have fun and use this to learn from your own mistakes and those others share as well.
● Winners will be announced on April 20th.
GWJ will gift the winner with a full-year PRO subscription.
Do we agree?
I told everyone we’d start on Sunday the 5th.id like to keep that unless you’re set for Monday and everyone is OK with that.
Sunday works for me!
Im fine with any day
I can’t participate if it’s autoflowers only
I just looked at my notes for this grow and I did say autos or photos. So just make sure you are able to harvest in 75 to 85 days
So my next question would be being that at midnight its technically the 5th could i start the process at 12:01
Yes you can start as soon as you want after midnight
Midnight, I can’t get off the couch because I’m so drunk. I’ve already had my wedding cake and am basically in dreamland.
But maybe…
Cliff
Does this mean some have already started the pre-soak? OR nothing is to be done until 12:01am? Is it EST?
Nothing done until 12:01
Now it starts! I’m really excited. But as planned, I’m too stoned and don’t feel like starting now. I hope I don’t stay too far back if I sleep in. Now I’m scared ![]()
![]()
Cliff


